Escape Fitness Limited (“Escape” “We”) takes the security and protection of your personal information very seriously and accordingly implements measures to ensure that all personal information it receives is properly protected.
Escape is also committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs without compromising that protection.
This policy explains how We may collect and use your Personal Data. It also explains some of the security measures We take to protect your Personal Data, and what We will and won’t do with it.
All information you provide to us is protected during transmission by our use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software. It is stored on secure servers and protected from unauthorised access by firewall software. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in respect of all personally identifiable information but there are steps you should take to safeguard information over which We have no control. For example, where you are given or choose a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Further, when you send information to us by email, please bear in mind that the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure and We cannot guarantee the security of any data you choose to email to us. Sending personal data via email is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security controls to ensure its ongoing confidentiality.
Each time you visit our site We may automatically collect the following:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your log in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulations commencing on the 25th May 2018, the Data Controller, as defined therein , is Escape Fitness Limited (trading as Escape Fitness) of Eastwood House, Cygnet Park, The Office Village, Hampton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE7 8FD.
Information About You.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us – is information you provide when you use the website and fill in forms or get in touch with us by phone, email, post or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Escape services or buy Escape products, enter a competition, subscribe for a promotion, take a survey and when you report a problem with our site. We may also need to collect sensitive personal data which could include details about your physical health, mental health and your lifestyle. You can choose whether to supply or withhold any sensitive personal data. Withholding information may limit the access We can offer you.
- Information We get from other sources – such as third parties who help to provide our services. These third parties include but are not limited to: existing service providers, prospective new Escape partners, sub-contractors in technical payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies. We’ll always ensure that any data We receive has been collected lawfully, fairly and in a way that conforms to your rights under the Data Protection legislation.
Why We Collect and Process Your Data.
We collect personal data to enable us to provide you with our products and services or those of an associated or required service. We may process your personal data and sensitive personal data for many reasons including but not limited to the following:
- to help us identify you when you contact us; and
- to improve our site to ensure Content is presented in the most effective manner for your computer;
- as part of our business processes including order processing and assessing creditworthiness among others; and
- to notify you about changes to our products and services; and
- to deliver relevant advertising to you if you have given us your permission to do this; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products or services that may be of interest to you or them; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- for research and statistical purposes; and
- to be compliant with legal and regulatory Data Protection obligations; and
- if We have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- if We, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
We will always ask for your consent first if We wish to use your personal information in a way We have not told you about.
Transfer of Data.
From time to time, the Personal Data We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination
Retention and Removal of Data.
We hold data in various ways. These include electronic databases, computerised files and paper files. We will remove all personally identifiable data by using our approved company processes. We may keep non-personally identifiable data for research and statistical reasons or to improve our products and services.
When We provide access to our website, We want to make your visit, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These nuggets of information are called ‘cookies’. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally. They are used to improve services for you, for example to:
- let you navigate between pages efficiently; and
- ensure you don’t have to give the same information during one task; and
- measure how people are using the site to make it more efficient; and
- measure traffic to the site to ensure there is enough capacity to deliver the services quickly. For more information about cookies, go to allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
To keep you informed of product, service or partner updates, your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the Escape Fitness Group and to reputable third party suppliers or Distributors who will help provide these services. Before collecting your data for this purpose, We will ask you to consent by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect it. You can change your mind at any time be contacting us. Just log on to the site and send us a secure message or email us directly at Data.Protection.Team@escapefitness.com
You have the right to ask for a copy of the data We hold about you, as well as asking us to correct any inaccurate data. If you wish to do so, please contact the Data Protection Team by email at: Data.Protection.Team@escapefitness.com or by post at: Escape Fitness, Unit 13 Tresham Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE2 6SG.